The Government lends you up to 20% of the cost of your new-build home, so you’ll only need a 5% cash deposit and a 75% mortgage to make up the rest.
If the home in the example here sold for £200,000, you’d get £160,000 (80%, from your mortgage and the cash deposit) and you’d pay back £40,000 on the loan (20%). You’d need to pay off your mortgage with your share of the money.
Help to Buy – England
For more information (including advice on fees and paying back your loan) please download the government’s Help to Buy: equity loan buyers’ guide (PDF, 309kB) here.
Help to Buy – Wales
For more information (including advice on fees and paying back your loan) please download the government’s Help to Buy – Wales: buyers’ guide (PDF, 457kB) here.
What is an Early Bird Reservation?
An Early Bird Reservation secures your desired Plot before it is released for sale.
Here’s how it works.
- Choose your desired Plot
- Pay your £500 Early Bird Reservation Fee (100% refundable if you change your mind for any reason)
- This secures your Plot and gives you first refusal when your Plot is released for sale
- When Bluebell Homes release the Plot for sale you have 48 hours to decide if you want to proceed with the reservation and begin the sales process
- If you agree to purchase the property we will then proceed with a Full Reservation
- If you do not proceed to reserve the property we will happily refund 100% of your Early Bird Reservation – no questions asked!
Nothing to lose, just your dream home to gain!
N.B. You need to be in a “Proceedable Position” to secure an Early Bird Reservation
What is a Proceedable Position?
Being in a proceedable position means that you are able to move forward with the purchase straight away. e.g. Your finances or mortgage (in principle) is in place, you are Sold Subject to Contract or you are not financially reliant on having to sell a property.
To find out the ways in which we can make moving home even simpler, please speak to our representatives about our easy-move and home exchange schemes.
For full details of our Part Exchange and Assisted Move schemes to help you move, please contact the sales consultant on the relevant site.